Meredith Etc recognized the literary contributions of authors and a neighbor yesterday during its 2nd Christmas Award program December 23, 2016 from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.
2016 Award Recipients:
- Mary Haralson Coleman, Living Legend – New Author Historic Figure Award for her lifework which includes: her memoir Mary’s Story & Song which reveals new revelations about the Jim Crow south. She founded an institution: Trendsetters and Barbering School, and is a recorded Gospel Artist, a gospel group leader, and the first female barber in the State of Mississippi.
- Rev. Dr. Louis Black Hathorn, Best Book Release Party 2015-2016 for his book Social Justice and Christianity
- Loretha Wallace, Triple Expression Award for Tragedy, Yet, Triumphant
- Loretta Wallace Ellis, Triple Expression Award for Tragedy, Yet, Triumphant
- Starkishia, Author Excelling Award for Starkishia: Estrella and Mary’s Story & Song
- Richard Hulse, Compelling Biography Award for My Brother Bo: Addicted in Paradise
- Calla Ridgeway, Teen Illustrator Award for Saving the Manatees
- JaNiya Williams, Caring Story Award for Saving the Manatees
- Dr. Rhemalyn Lewis-Williams, Most Pre-orders in 2016 for Everlasting Love Poems
- Anthony Ellis, Gripping Characterization – Well Plotted Novel for Death by Association Vol I Retaliation Vol II Deception
- Meredith Coleman McGee, Most Valuable Player for acquiring quality book titles
- Henry Hendrix, Community Service Award for block cleanup efforts and allowing authors to use his Flower Garden for a photo shoot