Tragedy, Yet, Triumphant is a collection of illustrated poems and short stories by twin sisters: Loretha Wallace and Loretta Wallace Ellis.
Their poetry reflects their deep faith in God, their keen appreciation for humanity, their love for family, and their enduring spirit to dream big and stand tall.
The softback and hardback editions are in full color so readers can grasp the essence of their art illustrations. This book is available in black and white too.
Please enjoy one free audio review copy of Tragedy, Yet, Triumphant, now available on Audible. Redeem the one-time use code below at https://www.audible.co.uk/acx-promo
https://www.audible.com/pd/Tragedy-Yet-Triumphant-Audiobook/B08DP4SN67 Tragedy, Yet, Triumphant Audiobook on Audible $6.95
- By: Loretha Wallace, Loretta Wallace Ellis
- Narrated by: Ruby Blair
- Length: 1 hr and 5 mins
- Categories: Literature & Fiction, Poetry
Author Loretha Wallace discusses her book Tragedy, Yet, Triumphant on Kixie Sunday Morning Magazine with Radio Host Lessie Hayes
Tragedy, Yet, Triumphant is live 12/08/2016 in full color https://www.amazon.com/dp/1541063112 softcover black and white $6.98 full color $15.78 on sale
Hardback Full Color edition https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/tragedy-yet-triumphant-loretha-wallace/1125291355?ean=9781538007648 $25.00 Full Color Barnes & Noble
Tragedy, Yet, Triumphant by Loretha Wallace and Loretta Wallace Ellis
Softcover black & white edition 12/11/16 https://www.amazon.com/Tragedy-Yet-Triumphant-black-white/dp/1541063112/ $6.92
Amazon Free Book Preview https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NCJRE7J Kindle eBook J $.99
Entrepreneur, Madame C. J. Walker once said, “Don’t sit and wait for opportunities to come, you have to get up and make them.”
Co-authors and twin sisters, Loretha Wallace and Loretta Wallace Ellis have done just that with their creation of Tragedy, Yet Triumphant.
Their artistic volume contains motivational short, short stories and poetry. Readers will find that the co-authors believe in: 1. having a positive attitude, 2. maintaining respect for self and others, and 3. setting goals and having a plan to achieve those goals.
As one reads, one will realize that the authors have a rich, spiritual life. Throughout the book one is reminded to value faith even when things may not be moving in the direction that is desired.
They suggested giving the Almighty praise because all blessings come from Him. In fact, their writings proposed that there is no other way to live a decent life, except “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
The scientist/inventor, George Washington Carver, said “Most people search high and wide for keys to success. If they only knew the key to their dreams lies within.”
The stories and poetry in this book will inspire readers to dream, and follow their dreams to find success.
J. Moffett Walker, Author/Poet, The Mississippi I Love
Advance Praise for Tragedy, Yet, Triumphant
“Tragedy, Yet, Triumphant” is a must read! The title itself depicts a story of how one goes through the storm, but rises to victory! You may be poor monetarily; however you are rich in Spirit!
- Rhemalyn Lewis-Williams, Author/Poet, Everlasting Love Poems
Twin sisters: Loretha and Loretta’s first book gives readers a collection of stories which celebrate as well as critique African American parental and spiritual conflicts which often alter family outcomes.
- Meredith Coleman McGee, Author/Poet, Odyssey
ABOUT THE AUTHORS:
- Loretha Wallace illustrated Nashida, the main character in the children’s book, Nashida: Visits the Smith Robertson Museum. She is the author and illustrator of Tragedy, yet, Triumphant. She is a native of Jackson, Mississippi, the mother of four, and the grandmother of 11. She is a member of the Clinton Ink Slingers and Siwell Church of Christ, where she teaches Children’s Sunday School. Wallace attended Hinds Agricultural High School, Hinds Community College, and is a certified Childcare Professional.
- Loretta Wallace Ellis is the author and illustrator of Tragedy, yet, Triumphant. Ellis is a member of Siwell Church of Christ, and a member of the Clinton Ink Slingers. She is the wife of Herbert Ellis, the mother of four, and the grandmother of seven. She was born and raised in Jackson, Mississippi. She attended Hinds Agricultural High School in Utica, Mississippi, and is a former healthcare professional.
ISBN: 9781538009666 Hardback (black & white) Loretha Wallace and Loretta Wallace Ellis received the “Triple Expression Award” December 23, 2016. Tragedy, Yet, Triumphant expresses three art forms: illustrated poetry, prose, and short stories.